Electronic patient record (EPR) system
Our leading Electronic Patient Record (EPR) system is used throughout secondary health care services, operating within mental health, child health and community care settings, to manage administrative and clinical processes. The system interoperates easily with other social care and health care systems, and we can tailor the system to your organisation’s specific needs.
Benefits of an EPR system
EPR empowers community, mental and child health providers to improve their outcomes, by providing a holistic picture of each person. The system supports the vision to hold one integrated, electronic health record (EHR) for each person, to make it possible to deliver the highest quality and most efficient healthcare service.
- Centralised electronic health records: EPR holds detailed information about a person’s health including medication, inpatient appointments, test and x-ray results and their medical history, which is quick and simple to access when required.
- Full integration with other systems and software: Significantly enhance care quality, clinical safety, and a patient’s experience with full integration to your existing processes and systems. Care administration is efficient, with reduced operational costs and improved outcomes.
- Access via apps, modules, portals, and mobile: Flexible ways to connect secondary care, GP, and social care systems enables practitioners at every stage of the care-giving process to see details of a person’s previous treatments without delay. With more access to information from healthcare, social care, and public sector systems all in one place, you can see the bigger picture and make decisions from a holistic viewpoint.
- Mobile data updates: EPR helps you to transform the way in which your teams provide healthcare, by enabling practitioners to update patient care records wherever they are. Our mobile applications provide real-time patient information and alerts at appropriate times, enabling faster, safer decision-making at the point of care.
- Powerful reporting: EPR also provides best practice assessments, workflows, and care pathways to free up your time from administrative tasks and focus on the individual’s care.
- Individual access: The person receiving services can manage their own healthcare better with access to their own information. It is also easy to share this information with other providers within social and primary care, further enhancing care for the individual and really making a difference to their life.
See our EPR software so many organisations use to deliver the highest quality care
Modules of our EPR software
eObs software provides you with a tool to digitally record and manage clinical and care observations and sustain high quality and safe care on inpatient wards and throughout your community and mental health care services. You can work more smartly, removing the need for written records and charts, which lets practitioners spend more time with patients, improve care and safety and save time and money.
Electronic Prescribing and Medicines Administration (ePMA)
ePMA software helps to ensure that people receive the correct medication at the right time. You can manage prescriptions and medication digitally and reduce the risk of prescribing incorrect medication, allowing you to increase best practice and reduce costs. The module works in collaboration with EPR, providing an overarching, real-time view of each person, with prescription details and other information held together across relevant services and throughout a person’s entire healthcare journey.
Find out more about ePMA software
Order Communications software enables you to communicate digitally with your local pathology and radiology services and replace historical paper-based methods. You can fast track requests and manage pathology and radiology results safely and efficiently. Vital patient information is contained with the EPR system, increasing productivity, reducing delays, and eliminating potential errors.
Find out more about order communications software
We developed the Mood Diary App (in partnership with Total Mobile), to support the Zero Suicide Programme and reduce the risk of self-harm and suicide.
Mood Diary helps to support a person’s mental well-being, with constant access to their Safety Plan and emergency contacts on their mobile phone.
It also helps to keep a record of their mood in between conversations, providing you with a more complete view of their mental health and the opportunity to intervene if required.
Our mobile working app, Rio Mobile, helps healthcare providers using EPR improve efficiency for teams or staff that deliver services in the community.
- One central app integrating with our EPR system in real time
- Tailored view for each team, showing only the information that they need to Deliver care to their patients
- Enables community nurses to complete their work, collaborate with colleagues and stay in contact all via one mobile device from any location, at any time
Improve patient engagement and reduce costs by up to 80%, using artificial intelligence to transform patient services, automate conversations and improve patient care.
- Emulates human conversation to provide a two-way conversation, interacting with patients to discover their needs, offering automatic responses
- Self-management of appointment bookings even out of hours - patients can cancel or request to reschedule appointments
- Reduces avoidable missed appointments (Did Not Attend DNAs) - by allowing patients speedy and out of hours access to appointment cancellation sassociated wasted appointment costs
- Reduce admin time and improve the patient experience - by allowing individuals to fill out pre-appointment and assessment forms before they arrive at the service
We have one patient record; no matter if we are treating a podiatry patient or a mental health patient, we have a single view of a patient's needs.
We now have a single system across both our trusts and have brought our patient records together as we align our working practices and processes in our partnership. We have already seen staff benefit from no longer having to dig through paper records and spend hours searching through legacy systems. With this improved flow of information between the trusts, patients stand to gain improved access to services and a better treatment experience.
EPR system FAQs
What are electronic patient records (EPRs)?
Electronic patient records (EPRs) are medical records and notes that are stored in a digital format instead of traditional paper document bundles. EPRs enable patient data to be shared between healthcare facilities, accessed via a centralised system and amended at the point of retrieval.
What is an EPR system?
Electronic patient record (EPR) systems provide a centralised view of patient data, giving healthcare professionals access to the information they need to make informed decisions. EPR software typically integrates with other medical systems.