Searching for a comprehensive and user-friendly crime case management software package the management at Stuart Miller identified Access Legal's Case Management as the ideal system for handling their criminal caseload.
Amongst the features that helped convince them of this are:
– Automatic case costing and tracking with all records carried forward to produce CDS6, CDS7 and Crown Court bills or private bills where the case is not CDS listed.
– All CDS forms are fully integrated and are completed automatically. This includes the CDS6 form which can then be uploaded directly to the LSC website saving hours of manual input.
– Flexible and fully-amendable system with a library of precedents provided.
– The system includes automated case progression meaning that chaser emails or future tasks are automatically created to ensure a case is progressed.
– Microsoft Outlook integration provides a familiar working environment for users, integrates their emails and their case files and allows instant communication with contacts on the file.
Access Legal - our managed IT solution
Stuart Miller Solicitors made the progressive decision to implement a private cloud model with managed IT and software. This initiative has set them free from the internal daily issues of running IT, at the same time giving them strong disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities.
The benefits of using Access Legal mean that they now have more time to ‘run’ the practice and focus on internal procedures and develop innovative practice management techniques.
As previously mentioned, they have customised their case management software to fit their internal procedures then merged these with the hosted IT to provide them with a solution that is agile and able to meet changing market requirements.
All of this has resulted in the firm receiving a coveted ‘Highly Commended’ accolade at the 2011 Law Society Excellence Awards in the Lexcel Award for Excellence in Practice Management category.
Director Majid Habib comments: ”Without Access Legal we would certainly have had a far more difficult time achieving what we have and we were particularly grateful for the work Access undertook with us during the process of gaining our Lexcel accreditation.”